Using SIMS ID for remote learning Google
Covid-19 has impacted the lives of people across the country and around the world. A number of schools have started to explore options for supporting staff and students that are self-isolating or for wider use should guidance change and schools are closed.
SIMS ID can help schools make use of Google Classroom in remote learning.
- 1. How SIMS ID can help.
- 2. Empowering Google Classroom (GSUITE).
- 3. Using the SIMS ID Launch Pad to deliver resources.
- 4. Getting more support
SIMS ID can be used to:
- Populate and Manage Google accounts based on your SIMS data
- Provide a launchpad of linked resources to staff and students.
SIMS ID Lite provides this functionality. It is available at no additional charge.
To enable SIMS data to be used for Google Classroom (GSUITE) you will need:
- a SIMS ID Site, you may have one if they use SIMS Parent, Pay, Options, etc.
- You will need a SIMS ID Local Administrator account.
- You will need to install an SSM package - you may have this already if they use SIMS parent etc.
- You will need to follow the self-onboarding instructions to activate the service.
- You will need access to your Google tenancy
- SIMS ID can automatically transfer data from SIMS to Google Classroom (GSUITE) enabling staff, pupils, classes and rosters so that Google Classroom (GSUITE) is always up-to-date and enabling personal and remote learning.
SIMS ID can provision and manage Google Classroom (GSUITE) users and groups from SIMS without making complex network changes. It is designed to be managed by a non-IT-Technician.
• This means that when a pupil/teacher etc is entered in SIMS within an hour they will have a Google Classroom (GSUITE) account and can be provided with their mail address and initial password.
- SIMS ID can enable assessments taken in Google Gradesync to populate SIMS Assessment Manager at the touch of a button.
All of this is available to SIMS Schools at no further cost.
If you do not have a SIMS ID site you can request one from firstname.lastname@example.org
A SIMS ID site will be created and an initial admin account will be provided.
Contact your SSU if they manage your SIMS ID site or support
You will be informed of who the admin is at your site or will be provided with an admin account.
Set the username format in SIMS ID
Log into SIMS ID using the Local Site Admin Credentials provided.
Install the SSM module. This will already be there if you use Parent App, SIMS Pay or SIMS options or you are a Hosted SIMS school
This will link SIMS and SIMS ID.
Follow theGoogle Self on-boarding pathway to completion.
If you aready have Google accounts this will match existing Googe account Users with your SIMS Data and allow SIMS ID to provision and manage your Google Accounts.
The SIMS ID Tile Store allows you to create custom tiles for your site and deploy (audience) these tiles to groups of users or to individuals from a central point. These tiles then appear on each users Lauch Pad that is accessed when they log into SIMS ID.
- Using the Tile Store an Overview
- Creating and Managing Local Tiles
- Audiencing Tiles and Applications
For Full support, information refer to https://id.sims.co.uk/support/ and look under Local Site Administrator.